The Ye Olde King's Head
The Kings Head is a traditional Inn built in 1622 on the west side of Lower Bridge Street. The Inn is a few minutes walk down hill from the Cross. The name refers to when King Charles stayed at the nearby Gamul House during the English Civil War. Since buying the business in March 2012 thousands of pounds has been spent trying to bring the Ye Olde Kings Head back to it's former glory. In November 2012, the property had an extensive refurbishment throughout the bar and restaurant areas, every ensuite bathroom was also replaced and redecorated to a high standard. There are currently four completed refurbished rooms, by mid February 2015 every bedroom is expected to be finished.
Please be aware that there is an additional charge for parking due to our limited parking spaces.
If you would like to enquire about room prices or check availability, please do not hesitate to contact us:
Tel: 01244 324 855
Please be aware that we are a city centre location and there can be street noise, especially at the weekend